Asbestos is the generic name for a number of mineral fibres found in rock formations.
Because of its strength, durability and fire resistance, asbestos was used in the past in construction and other industries, and it was added to a variety of products.
What does asbestos look like?
Because asbestos was often mixed with other substances, it is very difficult to visually identify.
The only way to know for certain if asbestos is present is to have testing done by a properly accredited asbestos laboratory.
What are the risks surrounding asbestos?
Asbestos is dangerous when its fibres are disturbed, released into the air and then inhaled.
Health studies indicate that breathing high levels of asbestos fibres can lead to an increased risk of certain types of lung cancers – but if asbestos fibres are properly enclosed within a product, then there are no significant health risks.
How we can help with Asbestos?
We can remove all types of asbestos material from all commercial, industrial and residential properties in New Zealand.
Our asbestos services include:
- Asbestos surveys, testing and analysis
- Removal of asbestos from roofing, wall sheeting, fences, tiles and other materials (including putty, electrical boards and tape)
- Removal of asbestos pipe lagging and re-insulation
- Remediation of asbestos and other contaminants in soil
- Repair or encapsulation of asbestos lined walls and roofs
- Removal of Asbestos Contaminated Dust (ACD)
- Removal and transport of asbestos waste to approved facility
Why get the professionals in?
The environmental and financial risks associated with asbestos removal have never required more expertise, more commitment or more sensitivity – it’s simply not a job for anyone other than professional asbestos removers. BRS hold a Class A and B Asbestos Removal Licence.
Fortunately, asbestos removal isn’t a service we ‘also do’ – it’s what we do.